Benefits of Integrating Your Shopify Store With Your ERP
Tuesday, September 29, 2020Eric Zegarski
Benefits of Integrating Your Shopify Store with Your ERP
Integrating your Shopify
store has long term positive effects on your business. It’s an investment that streamlines your organization, allowing for agile business decisions. Businesses are no longer relying on just one sales channel. Now brands have a multi-channel approach selling through their own eCommerce store, on online marketplaces and retail outlets.
eCommerce businesses powered by Shopify create a lot of data that merchants must process and organize. This data processing and organization needs to be done FAST! Entry of this data has an impact on how well a business can operate. Orders need to be packaged, labels need to be printed, and retail orders need to be sent in a timely manner. Done the traditional way, ample amounts of hours must be dedicated to manual data entry. With the rise of eCommerce over the last couple of years, commerce has become a 24/7 operation. As a result, orders pile up during non-business hours and can cause a bottleneck the next business day.
Overall Benefits of Integrating Your Shopify Store
- Eliminate manual and duplicate entry: Integrating your Shopify store mitigates the risk associated with manual data entry such as dual entry.
- Improve speed of data exchange: By eliminating the time-consuming manual data entry process, the eBridge Connections integration platform greatly increases the speed of information exchange, resulting in improved customer service efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Improve data accuracy: Each time data is manually entered into your ERP from Shopify, there is the chance of errors being introduced. Data passes through a validation layer, resulting in a decrease in costly errors and chargebacks.
- Streamline business processes: Integrating your Shopify store and ERP will help to create an efficient workflow between departments and functionalities in your organization. An integrated flow of data will provide you with the insight you need to make strong decisions that align with your business strategy and objectives.
- Liberate valuable resources: Focus your resources on other high priority work, instead of tedious manual data entry to and from your Shopify store and ERP system. An integration solution will automatically schedule and process data without human intervention.
Departmental Based Shopify and ERP Integration Benefits
Data from your Shopify store is required by multiple departments for your business to function properly. Transparency is key to building an agile operation that can adapt to changing market trends. Different teams need data so they can work together. Here’s how integrating your Shopify store benefits different departments:
Impact on Marketing and Sales
Modern marketing departments are driven by data. With integration, marketing can have almost real-time statistics. Marketing can effectively identify which products are selling well and if their campaigns are having a positive impact on the bottom line. If you’re diversifying your sales channels with a multi-channel approach and distributing through big box or independent retailers, account managers have real time updates on orders through automatic EDI document
flow. Therefore, they can effectively manage retailer relations.
Impact on Operations
The operations team is responsible for all the behind the scenes “magic” that ensures orders are shipped and there are no stock outs. An integrated network with your Shopify store allows your team to manage inbound and outbound orders effectively. Whether you have an in-house or outsourced manufacturing team, inventory needs to be ordered in a timely manner to account for lead times. Having your Shopify store connected to your ERP, allows your ops team to have almost real-time numbers. Furthermore, if you’re selling on marketplaces like Amazon or Walmart, you could face hefty penalty fees if your orders are not shipped according to their standards.
Impact on Finance and Accounting
Integration allows finance to have accurate and almost real-time numbers at their disposal. As a result, finance can pre-plan for future promotions by working with marketing to identify well performing products and establishing profit margins. If you’re running a multi-channel strategy, integration allows finance and accounting to see all incoming orders and payments. Therefore, managing accounts payable and receivable is easier as some sales channels do not provide payment right away.
eBridge Makes Shopify Integration Easy
Our integration solution is universal! You can add or remove systems with ease as your Shopify business grows and your needs change. Our integration platform has pre-built connectors for Shopify
and leading ERP solutions
including but not limited to Sage
, Microsoft Dynamics
, QuickBooks by Intuit
and many more. ERP solutions. Our platform can also integrate with hundreds of EDI trading partner s As a result, we can implement an integration solution in a timely manner. Need more convincing, explore how to calculate the ROI
of integrating your commerce network that’s powered by Shopify as well as workflows every Shopify merchant
In addition, eBridge is hosted on Microsoft Azure, therefore ensuring an almost 99.9% uptime and industry leading security. With an integration solution from eBridge, you can ensure that your commerce network is connected and communicating data bi-directionally.