Is manual data entry haunting your dreams this Halloween?
Thursday, October 27, 2016Lauren Macdonald
One of the best things about Halloween (aside from the candy, of course) is the thrill of being spooked. Haunted houses, horror movies, scary clowns roaming the neighbourhood… it’s all part of the fun.
But when it comes to your eCommerce business, having peace-of-mind and a sense of security is a lot better than having fear. Fear that you can’t keep up with the volume of orders you’re receiving. Fear that mistakes made from manual data entry will result in costly errors. Fear that your customers will be unhappy with the slow speed in which they receive their shipments… the list goes on.
Stop keeping yourself awake at night
Do you ever find yourself lying in bed at night, staring at the ceiling and asking yourself questions like:
- Did I forget to enter an order into my accounting package?
- Did I type “3” instead of “30” when keying in the number of items my customer ordered?
- Did I remember to send a shipping update and tracking number to my customer?
- How am I ever going to finish processing the hundreds of orders that were just placed?
- Did I accidently sell a product that is out of stock because my inventory levels weren’t updated fast enough?
- Are my customers getting angry that their orders are taking so long to be delivered?
If you answered yes to any of those, then congratulations—it sounds like your business is doing well! But, it can be scary trying to keep up with it all and if you’re having nightmares about manual data entry and processing orders, it’s time to consider an accounting integration solution.
Save the juggling for the clowns
You’re only one person. You can’t focus on growing and developing your business if you’re stuck juggling orders, inventory levels, product data, shipping updates, etc.
By integrating your accounting/ERP package with your eCommerce store, you can have a fully-managed solution that will connect your systems, transfer your data automatically, and streamline your business processes.
It all boils down to these benefits:
- Eliminate manual and duplicate entry
- Improve speed of data exchange
- Improve data accuracy
- Liberate valuable resources- like time and money- so that you can focus on other high priority work
If you’re ready to rid yourself of manual data entry nightmares, reach out anytime. We’re happy to help.