Key eCommerce Statistics You Need to Know
Wednesday, August 12, 2015Global Administrator
These eCommerce Statistics Will Help You Sell More
For a fun change of pace, we thought we would provide you some crazy statistics about eCommerce that may change the way you look at and operate your own store. Enjoy!
Shopping Cart Abandonment
- 28% of shoppers abandon their shopping cart if they are surprised by unexpected shipping costs.
- 23% of users will abandon their shopping cart if they become forced to register or sign up for an account.
- 54% of shoppers say a lower price may get them to revisit abandoned items in their cart.
- The average online abandonment rate is 68.53%
55% of shoppers rely on online customer reviews to help determine if they want to make a purchase.
- 72% of millennial shoppers respond positively to re-targeting or re-marketing.
- Even if they don’t make the final purchase online, 72% ofmillennials will research and shop around online before making an in-store purchase.
- Two thirds of boomers (approximately 50+) make purchases online.
The Growth of eCommerce
- Prior to an in-store visit, 84% of visitors use their mobile devices to gather more information.
- Mobile accounts for 13.7% of total e-commerce orders
- 1/3 ecommerce sales are now happening on mobile devices. In only 2 years, mobile’s contribution to total sales has skyrocketed by 175%
- Retail eCommerce salesare predicted to grow steadily to $370 billion in 2017.
- Online interactions (social media, chat, email etc) can influence approximately36 cents of every dollar spent in the retail store.