BigCommerce & Sage 100: Together Helping Merchants Scale Their Businesses Online
Monday, April 19, 2021Eric Zegarski
High Volume eCommerce Made Easy With BigCommerce, Sage 100 & eBridgeConnections
As your eCommerce operations scale, entry-level software solutions just won’t cut it. You’ll need advance functionalities that cookie cutter solutions just can’t provide. At some point you’ll have to graduate from your barebones eCommerce website and basic accounting package.
As a merchant you’re faced with a plethora of different solutions that you can invest in to elevate your eCommerce strategy. Some options might not be right for you due to their restrictions for certain categories, others will cost you 10s of thousands of dollars just to set up, and include additional hosting fees.
In order to do high-volume eCommerce well, you’ll need a versatile eCommerce platform and a robust ERP solution. Meet BigCommerce and Sage 100, these solutions are enterprise solutions that allow merchants to scale their eCommerce at an exponential rate. With integration between these two systems powered by a universal iPaaS (integration Platform as a Service) like eBridge, merchants can sell 24/7 365 days a year with ease.
BigCommerce: The eCommerce Platform for Merchants Looking to Scale Their eCommerce
is an eCommerce solution from Austin, Texas. BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses, to large enterprises. As a leading Open SaaS solution, BigCommerce empowers merchants to build, innovate and grow their businesses online. Simply put, we focus on being the best commerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
BigCommerce’s platform can be split into 3 pillars that enable them to scale. BigCommerce allows merchants to build, innovate and grow. These 3 pillars give merchants using BigCommerce a competitive advantage over those that are not. Below you’ll find these 3 pillars broken down:
Build with BigCommerce
Start with the rock-solid foundation of a powerful eCommerce platform. BigCommerce had made greater strides than other platforms in building features like headless commerce integrations and multi-currency support.
Design with Freedom
Spark creativity and craft beautiful store experiences with design tools that know no bounds.
Operate Without Worry
Tame operational complexity with an easy-to-use, secure platform that's up when you need it most.
Outperform the Competition
Deliver lightning-fast commerce experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Innovate with BigCommerce
Turn impossible commerce experiences into reality with the flexibility of open SaaS. BigCommerce is a reliable platform; since launching their store(s) merchants don’t have to do much maintenance, which frees up time to make improvements to their operations/marketing.
Stay Agile with BigCommerce
Seize market opportunities and unleash new experiences at the speed of your business.
Go Headless with BigCommerce
Craft content-rich experiences anywhere your audience takes you.
Integrate Anything with BigCommerce
Make unifying your backend or powering up with third-party apps a breeze.
Growth with BigCommerce
Scale and grow smarter without complexity holding you back. On BigCommerce, merchants have an extremely agile environment that they can change quickly to meet their business needs.
Convert More with BigCommerce
Surpass industry benchmarks by converting higher-value orders.
Borderless with BigCommerce
Reach new audiences with omnichannel commerce anywhere in the world.
Powerful Analytics with BigCommerce
Act with confidence by unlocking valuable customer data and insights.
We had a discussion with Koy McDermott from BigCommerce as to how BigCommerce is allowing merchants to scale online. We talk about the following topics:
- A brief intro about BigCommerce and their history.
- Main features of BigCommerce and who it’s ideal for.
- What truly makes BigCommerce stand out from the other eCommerce platforms.
- Why merchants should choose BigCommerce.
- BigCommerce success stories Uplift Desk & Berlin Packaging.
- What's next for BigCommerce, and how to get in contact.
Learn more about BigCommerce: BigCommerce.com
Connect with Koy: email@example.com
Sage 100 – An ERP Built to Simplify Your Organization's Vital Data
At some point, businesses that are experiencing growth need to migrate from their entry level accounting package. As your business grows, so does the volume of data that needs to be processed. Simply tracking cash in/out and inventory in/out won’t cut it.
100 is built for security and compliance. Deep customizability means that it can meet your needs today and as you grow. And because it’s cloud-connected, you maintain control of your system while still leveraging the fundamental benefits of the cloud. Sage 100 packs a punch with functionalities for both manufacturing and distribution departments.
At its roots, Sage 100 still stays true to its accounting background, but the features have been supercharged to help you do more in less time:
Automated Bank Feeds & Reconciliation
- Simple and accurate monthly bank reconciliations
- Automatic detection of unrecorded transactions, errors and differences
- A system built for compliance that keeps track of tax codes, audit histories, government reporting, and privacy and security
Custom Office and Visual Integrator
- Make it yours with custom scripting to import data across platforms and automate your processes with ease.
- Customize your UI and add new data fields to ensure you are collecting the information you require to optimize your business and remain compliant.
- Accelerate sale closure, enhance customer experience, and improve data integrity.
- View important customer and vendor information within Microsoft Outlook from any device.
- Customize permissions to grant access to information about customers' available credit, outstanding balances, and the average time it typically takes to settle a bill.
- Click through payment and invoice histories, review recent customer communications, and read memos.
Sage Budgeting & Planning
- Accelerate planning cycles to align operational and strategic decision-making.
- Shorten budgeting and planning cycles and make swift and informed business decisions.
- Improve precision, increase collaboration across business lines, and accelerate planning velocity with Sage Budgeting and Planning.
- Streamline the integration between operational and strategic planning to align every corner of your business with clarity and vision.
- Use your existing Microsoft® Excel® knowledge to easily write and edit reports, giving you instant visibility across your business.
- Spend more time focusing on analysis and interpretation of your information and less time pulling the data together.
- Design customized reports that suit your business’s unique requirements.
- Automate report delivery using Paperless Office.
Learn More About Sage With BrainSell
is a VAR (Value-Added Reseller) and an eBridge partner based out of Boston Massachusetts. As a VAR they offer their expertise to help organizations find the right enterprise software for their business needs. BrainSell specializes in software related to ERPs, CRMs, Marketing Automation, Business Intelligence, and more.
We sit down (virtually) with Sonja and Kelly from BrainSell and discuss why Sage 100 a reliable ERP solution for medium to high volume merchants. Topics discussed:
- Who is BrainSell and their services.
- Brief overview of Sage 100.
- Out of the box Sage 100 features.
- Unique features to Sage 100.
- Sage 100 success story - Sunbeam Foods.
- How to learn more about Sage 100.
- How to contact and learn more about BrainSell.
Learn more about Sage 100: Sage.com
Learn more about BrainSell: BrainSell.com
Connect with Sonja: firstname.lastname@example.org
As orders come in through your BigCommerce store, an integration platform will ensure that your orders are populated in your Sage 100 ERP system, and your inventory levels are adjusted accordingly to reflect the sale. Shipping and tracking information can also be integrated between the two systems to eliminate the need for manual data entry and increase the efficiency of your order fulfillment process.
Meet eBridge's Universal Connector for BigCommerce and Sage 100
Part of running an efficient business requires your back-end Sage 100 ERP to communicate effectively with your other important business systems, such as your BigCommerce store. eBridge Connections has a pre-built cloud-based Sage 100 connector. Our Sage 100 connector easily connects to BigCommerce as well as 100s of EDI trading partners and marketplaces like Amazon and Walmart. eBridge has pre-built connector for BigCommerce. Stop batch uploading daily orders or manually keying orders from your BigCommerce store into your back-office Sage ERP.
As your business grows, eBridge's universal iPaaS makes it easy to dd new channels to your BigCommerce and Sage 100 integration. Here's an example of a fully integrated multi-channel:
A BigCommerce & Sage 100 Integration Success Story
Nalpak Inc. had their early roots in creating custom reusable packaging. Today, they have been making Tuffpak hard-sided cases for over 30 years, They also offer flashlights, multi-tools, knives, and a full-line uniform shop, servicing police departments throughout San Diego County. Their success comes from offering the very best products backed by the very best customer service. But with great success has come data entry hardships for the employees at Nalpak Inc. Therefore, they reached out to eBridge to integrate their BigCommerce shop with their ERP. Read More
In addition, eBridge is hosted on Microsoft Azure, therefore ensuring an almost 99.9% uptime and industry leading security. With an integration solution from eBridge, you can ensure that your commerce network is connected and communicating data bi-directionally.